Sport Quiz - Horse Racing (25 Questions)
1. Who returned to racing in 1990 when he was over 50?
2. Which horse was first to win the Grand National three times?
3. Where is the William Hill Lincoln Handicap held?
4. Trainers Lynda and John Ramsden won a libel case against which paper?
5. In which country was Shergar captured?
6. In which month is the Melbourne Cup held?
7. Who was National Hunt champion jockey from 1986 to 1992?
8. Which horse Benny won the 1997 Derby?
9. Which English classic is held at Doncaster?
10. What is a £500 bet known as?
11. Which horse race was abandoned in 1997 after a bomb scare?
12. The Prix du Jockey-Club is held at which race course?
13. Which horse had the nickname Corky?
14. Which Gordon a trainer of over 2000 winners died in September 1998?
15. Which country hosts the Belmont and Preakness Stakes?
16. Who chartered a train from Victoria to Epsom to watch the 1997 Derby at a cost of over £11,000?
17. Which race meeting is described as Glorious?
18. The 12th Earl of where gave his name to a famous race?
19. Which horsewoman was the first Mrs Mark Phillips?
20. After a Saturday bomb threat in 1997 on which day was the National run?
21. The Curragh is in which Irish County?
22. Which horse was the first to win Horse of the Year four times?
23. Where did Frankie Dettori have his record breaking seven wins?
24. Which horse won the Derby by a record distance in 1981?
25. In which country is Flemington Park race course?
1. Lester Piggott
2. Red Rum
4. The Sporting Life
7. Peter Scudamore
8. The Dip
9. St Leger
15. United States
16. The Queen
19. Princess Anne
22. Desert Orchid