Pot Luck - General Knowledge Quiz Questions
1. What does a herpetologist study?
2. In the United States, how many nickels would you get for a dime?
3. What is a John Dory?
4. Which Scottish school did both the Duke of Edinburgh and his son Prince Charles attend?
5. What does a dermatologist study?
6. Which is the least used letter in the English language?
7. Name the mythological character sentenced to fall in love with his own reflection as a punishment for his pride?
8. In 1908, Kenneth Graham, a Bank of England bank clerk, wrote a book which has become a children's classic. What was it called?
9. It is sometimes called a gnu. What is its other name?
10. When milk turns sour, what acid is formed?
11. Two countries have been the most frequent hosts of the Winter Olympics. One is the United States; What is the other?
12. Which James Bond film starred Honor Blackman?
13. Who was the author of Our Mutual Friend?
14. At the time of the French Revolution, what were tumbrels?
15. Which American gangster was known as 'Scarface'?
16. In medicine, what is known as a 'magic bullet'?
17. What name is given to a baby whale?
18. Which fictional aviator had friends called Ginger and Algy?
19. How do frogs catch flies?
20. Only one American state has a name beginning with 'L'. Name it.
21. For which film and television role is Leonard Nimoy best known?
22. What is measured by Truss?
23. In the book by James Hilton, what was the profession of 'Mr Chips'?
24. The national flag of the Netherlands bears which three colours?
25. On which island did the mutinous crew from the Bounty make their home?
1. Reptiles and amphibians
3. A fish
8. Wind in the Willows
10. Lactic acid
13. Charles Dickens
14. Horse-drawn wagons used to take prisoners to the guillotine
15. Al Capone
16. A drug that will attack only unhealthy cells
17. A Calf
19. They have sticky tongues
21. Mr. Spock
22. Hay or Straw
24. Red, white and blue