Pot Luck and General Knowledge Quiz Questions
1. Where is the Dewey classification system?
2. In what field did Sir Alexander Korda make his name?
3. A tithe was a tax paid to support the clergy. What proportion of income was a tithe?
4. What nationality is the novelist Patrick White?
5. What is the common name for rubella?
6. In which year was the state of Israel created?
7. How old was Rose Kennedy, mother of J.F.K., in July 1993?
8. In which country was Archbishop Makarios President?
9. In the 1992 summer Olympics, three new medal events were added. Two of these were Badmington and Baseball. What was the third?
10. What was Bob Hope's signature tune?
11. Which English Prime Minister once edited The Church Times?
12. Who was the chief god of Scandinavian mythology?
13. For what purpose was the Leaning Tower of Pisa originally built?
14. What was the name of the Mafia patriarch played by Marlon Brando in The Godfather?
15. For what was the Haight-Ashbury area of San Francisco famous in the 1960s?
16. Which Scandinavian country achieved its independence from Sweden in 1905?
17. If you were ailurophobia, what would you fear?
18. After how many years of marriage is a ruby wedding celebrated?
19. Where in London would you find the Whispering Gallery?
20. Which Nobel prize-winning writer shot himself in 1961?
21. In Italy, what is the capital city of Tuscany?
22. Veni, vidi, vici wrote Julius Caesar. What is the translation?
23. Which comedy team included John Cleese, Michael Palin, Graham Chapman and Terry Jones?
24. What would you do with an ocarina?
25. Name the lawyer in Dicken's Tale of Two Cities who finally goes to the guillotine in place of another.
3. One tenth
5. German measles
9. Women's judo
10. Thanks for the Memory
11. Edward Heath
13. As the bell-tower of the Cathedral
14. Don Vite Corleone
15. Hippies and flower children
18. 40 years
19. St. Pauls Cathedral
20. Ernest Hemingway
22. I came, I saw, I conquered
23. Monty Python
24. Blow it; it is a musical instrument
25. Sydney Carton