Children's Corner Quiz
1. What was the surname of Wendy and her brothers in Peter Pan?
2. In The Jungle Book, what type of animal is Baloo?
3. Who bullied Tom Brown at Rugby school?
4. The television series Little House on the Prairie was based on a series of books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Who plays Laura in the series?
5. Who wrote about Christopher Robin and his friends, including Tigger and Piglet?
6. In which pantomime does Widow Twankey appear?
7. Which is the first book to tell the story of Meg, Jo, Beth and Amy March?
8. What school did Billy Bunter, the 'fat owl of the Remove' attend?
9. In Enid Blyton's Famous Five stories, how many of the five are boys and how many are girls?
10. Which American author wrote 'Are You There, God? It's me, Margaret', and 'It's not the End of the World'?
11. How many Dalmatians are there in the book and animated film titles?
12. Which book was written because C.L. Dodgson enjoyed telling stories to 10-year-old Alice Liddell and her sisters on an Oxford boat trip?
13. Who found a house made of bread and cake with window panes of sugar in a forest, and began eating bits of it?
14. What was the signature tune of the American cartoon character, Felix the cat?
15. In the Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the dwarfs were given names, including Happy, Sleepy, Doc, Bashful and Sneezy. Who were the other two?
16. Who lived at Green Gables?
17. How did Doctor Dolittle learn how to talk to animals?
18. Where was Superman born?
19. Which book, published in 1876, told the story of a boy with his Aunt Polly in St. Petersburg, a village on the Mississippi?
20. In the film Bambi, what type of animal was Thumper?
21. Who created Skimbleshanks the cat?
22. In which film does Julie Andrews play a nursemaid with magic powers?
23. In the poem The Pied Piper of Hamelin by Robert Browning, the piper was engaged to rid the town of rats. When he was cheated of his payment, what did he do?
24. Which famous storyteller did Danny Kaye play in a film in 1952?
25. In the classic Uncle Tom's Cabin, who said, 'Never had no father, nor mother, nor nothin'. I 'spect I growed'?
2. Brown Bear
4. Melissa Gilbert
5. A. A. Milne
7. Little Women
9. Two of each
10. Judy Blume
12. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
13. Hansel and Gretel
14. Felix Kept on Walking
15. Grumpy and Dopey
17. His parrot, Polynesia, taught him
18. The planet Krypton
19. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
21. T.S. Elliot
22. Mary Poppins
23. He took the children of the town
24. Hans Christian Anderson